Page Frocks Design

Monday, January 7, 2008

Focus Again . . .

I first saw these adorable little mixed media figures made by Dan DiPaolo for August Moon when Mark and I were in Philadelphia for the first time together. We were in this little artsy neighborhood filled with odd shoppes and I fell in love with them. He urged me to buy my first (which was a Halloween figure) and has continued to surprise me with them ever since.
I have several of the Halloween kids, snowmen and one that commemorated the start of my business that simply says Believe with a little winged girl standing on a shooting star.


12 comments:

Jodi said...

such a cute snowman!

Tera Fraley said...

too cute, love the little snowman

Anonymous said...

He is too cute! Love that you took a photo of him!
Cari

me said...

I love snowmen and that one is way to cute ;)

Mom2Drew said...

I really like how your focus is drawn to the figure and there is nothing distracting in the background. What a neat little story behind it too, thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Adorable snowman, and I love the way you captured it. Simple, but beautiful!

Val said...

so funky and cute!

Yvonne said...

Love your focus on this picture!

Sara said...

Good story, I haven't seen these figurines before. how sweet of DH to surprise you.

Mandy said...

I really love your black in the background. It give the photo so much more depth. Wonderful.

robin said...

Love the character in this little snowman and the story behind it.

Anonymous said...

I love the story behind this snowman.